Monday, September 22, 2014

Craft #22-Day 22-Stickville

After our morning walk, we broke out the craft basket at the kitchen table. Carter was pretty wiggly today, so I planned for the activity to be broken up in peices throughout the day.

Carter helped line up the Popsicle sticks for the wall. While he was lining them up, we practiced counting. We made another little Popsicle wall and I had Carter count with me to make sure we had the same amount of Popsicle sticks as the previous wall.Carter also was helping me glue along the way.I didn't have wood glue, so I used "Elmer's Glue-All". This worked as long as there was some drying time allowed.

We took a break, to play outside. Carter brought his toy cars back to the kitchen table. This is when the idea of making a racing ramp instead of a Popsicle stand came from-as he is running his cars back and forth over the Popsicle sticks. So we went to work lining up our colorful Popsicle sticks for our finish line, instead of using it for a roof. I used large Popsicle sticks and glue to hold all three separate walls together, to form our ramp!

Lunch break! After we finished lunch, I set up Orange DIY liquid watercolor-(per Carter's request) for Carter to paint the finish sign. Once, he had declared he was done, I wrote " Finish" with each letter being a different color.Carter helped me glue and place the Popsicle sticks to our sign. I had a small space between two sticks to slide one side of the sign through to hold it up. I attached the other side with glue-which later had to be taped instead, after a few races. I added two large Popsicle sticks to place the ramp on, same scenario to attach it as the sign. Next time I would have added spaces between the Popsicle sticks for this. This completed our Popsicle Racing Ramp-our version of Stickville.

Ready, Set, Go!












No comments:

Post a Comment