Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Craft #123-Day 150-Heart-In-Hand Cookies


#3 Craft of the Final Crafting Countdown!

Another baking craft....I knew Carter would be ecstatic to see me bring out the mixing bowl and measuring cups!

First step was to make a basic sugar cookie dough. Carter helped add and mix all of the ingredients together. He even got to use the hand mixer! He thinks that is pretty fun. Once the dough had been made, I scooped it into a plastic Ziploc bag and let it chill in the refrigerator for three hours. Which was perfect, because we had some shopping to do.

After lunch, I placed parchment paper on the table and set our baking sheets on the ends, to hold the paper in place. I also placed parchment paper onto the baking sheets. I set a bag of flour on the table and Carter started to grab handfuls of flour. Messy fun!

Carter helped roll out the dough. I tried to trace around his hand with a wooden skewer. This proved to be more difficult than I had thought. So we tried a different method. Instead, Carter placed his hand firmly into the dough to leave an imprint for me to cut around. This was much easier than trying to trace around a squirmy toddler's hand!

We decided to cut out a few different shapes using a variety of cookie cutters. We were ready to place the cookies in the oven. Once cooled down, we decorated with icing and sprinkles.

Another yummy treat for Dad when he came home from work and for us!














#


No comments:

Post a Comment