Saturday, October 25, 2014

Craft #53-Day 55-Notebook and Pencil Cases

A pretty simple project, even for me...and I am still learning about the ins and outs of sewing.

Carter picked out the color of felt he wanted for both projects, helped me measure and practiced using his scissor skills. I didn't have a long enough peice of felt to use for the pencil case, so I sewed two peices together instead. Carter picked out the buttons he wanted to use.

We didn't have a little notebook, so we made one out of small peices of construction paper. Carter helped punch holes in the paper with the hole punch and we tied the pages together using twine. I sewed the top and bottom of one edge of the case to slip the side of the pages into.

Our pencil case turned out looking kind of like a Christmas stocking. I am sure Carter will use this for his crayons. This crafting journey is definetly teaching Carter and I new skills! Onto the next craft..









No comments:

Post a Comment